Support our campaigns to elect more Liberal Democrats in Milton Keynes.
The Liberal Democrats rely on small donations from individuals like you. We’ve never had the big business or trade union cash the other parties can count on, especially at a local level.
You can help us achieve the changes we all care about by standing for election, delivering leaflets, canvassing voters or making phone calls. But you can also help by making a donation.
Money donated will go to the Milton Keynes Liberal Democrats to be used to support the election of more Lib Dems in elections in MK.
- £5 will pay for a street letter on a key issue
- £20 will pay to upgrade a ward Focus issue from black and white to having another ‘spot’ colour for one edition
- £50 will pay for a round of targeted letters to specific voters we need to reach
- £150 will pay to print a black and white Focus leaflet for an entire council ward
- £200 will pay to print a colour Focus leaflet for an entire council ward
You can donate using PayPal (button below), and if you do please let us know who you are by sending your details. If you donate £100 or more we may need to take additional details from you to confirm you are a valid donor. If someone donates more than £500 in a single year the party will need to declare the donation to the Electoral Commission.
If you would prefer to donate through any other route please email us at [email protected] and we can discuss other options.
Who is allowed to donate to us?
- Donations to political parties, including sponsorship, are regulated by the Political Parties Elections and Referendums Act 2000.
- Anybody can donate up to £500 in any one calendar year. The Liberal Democrats only accept donations over £500 from permissible donors:
- Permissible donors are: individuals on a UK electoral register (excluding the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), UK Trade Unions, companies incorporated within the EU and registered and trading in the UK, Limited Liability Partnerships, UK unincorporated associations and UK building or friendly societies.
- If you make donations to the Liberal Democrats totalling more than £1,500 in any calendar year, we are required to report the total donated to the Electoral Commission, who, depending on the amount, may publish the fact that you have donated to us:
- Donations of more than £7,500 from the same donor to the Federal Liberal Democrats in a calendar year are required to be reported to the Electoral Commission. This applies to single donations of more than £7,500 or cumulative smaller donations which exceed £7,500 in the calendar year. The threshold for public disclosure of donations to local parties (including English regions, Scotland & Wales) is £1,500.
- The name and address of the donor and the amount of the donation will be published on the Electoral Commission website. Addresses of individuals are not published.
- More information is available on the Electoral Commission’s website