Milton Keynes Liberal Democrats

A MyCouncillor website for the Milton Keynes Liberal Democrat team. Learn more

Read more on this

Read more on this

Council Budget

by craigwhittall on 18 February, 2017

The Lib Dems have once again managed to save the grit bins.

The Conservative Government continues with its manifesto commitment to slash funding to public services. This includes grants to councils such as Milton Keynes Council, which has had to make a further £22M worth of cuts on top of the £105M made over the last five years. There will be a further £20M a year of cuts for the remainder of this parliament.

Residents will see a reduction in service and increased charges as a result.

In line with Government expectations the Council increased its Council Tax by 1.95% to assist with general services and 3% for Adult Social Care, a total of 4.95%.

A Liberal Democrat amendment once again helped to save our grit bins, as well as weed spraying, grass

and some of our litter picking.