Cllr Douglas McCall is encouraging residents to recycle their rubbish this Christmas.
At Christmas we produce a lot more rubbish, so a good time to ensure we recycle as much as we can.
The following is what can go in your pink recycling sack:
Paper and cardboard including:
• newspapers and magazines
• catalogues and directories
• cardboard – if you can fit it in your sack. Otherwise, please take it to a Community Recycling Centre
• paper envelopes without windows or padding
• metal lids from bottles and jars
Plastic bottles and containers (washed with lids removed) including:
• detergent and bleach bottles
• yoghurt pots and margarine tubs
• rigid meat trays and fruit punnets
• plastic bottle caps/lids
Food and drink cartons (sometimes called Tetrapak) including:
Please recycle you glass bottles and jars (without lids or corks) in your blue box.
Please put you left over food, cooked or uncooked in your green bin – not your black sack.